strawberry syrup, as required / 10 strawberries and 2-3 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup vermicelli
3 cups milk
1/4 cup sugar ( or as required)
1 1/2 tbsp basil seeds
2-3 scoops of ice cream
nuts and fresh strawberries, to garnish
- Soak the basil seeds in 1/4 cup of water.
- In a saucepan, boil milk adding sugar. Remove a cup of milk from this and allow to chill.
- In the remaining milk, add vermicelli and cook it on low flame till it becomes soft. Then keep it in refrigerator to cool.
- Wash and chop strawberries into small pieces. Then puree it in a blender adding 2-3 tbsp of sugar and little water until smooth ( or prepare the strawberry syrup).
- To serve, take 2-3 tall glasses and add 2 tbsp of strawberry syrup or strawberry puree and then top it with little cooked vermicelli.
- Then with the chilled milk and then add little soaked basil seeds.
- Finally top it with a scoop of vanilla or strawberry ice cream. Garnish with nuts or fresh strawberries…Serve immediately..