200 gm kovakka/ ivy gourd ( 15-16 ivy gourd )
1 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
2 green chillies
1 cup yoghurt
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
2-3 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
- Cut kovakka into small pieces.
- Grind grated coconut with cumin seeds, green chillies and 1/4 tsp turmeric powder to a smooth paste adding little water.
- Add yoghurt with the ground coconut paste and mix well and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add the kovakka and cook it adding 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and enough water on medium flame.
- When cooked, reduce the flame and add ground paste- yoghurt mixture and mix well and heat on low flame for few minutes. Don’t allow to boil.
- Heat oil in a small pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add fenugreek seeds, curry leaves and dry red chillies.
- Pour this seasoning over the pulissery and close the lid.. Serve with rice…