2 big / 2 cup potatoes
150-200 gm pori/ puffed rice
2 green chillies
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2-3/4 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp asafoetida
2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup roasted peanuts/ ground nuts
1/4 cup grated coconut
1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
1 tsp mustard seeds
salt to taste
3 tbsp oil
- Peel the potatoes and chop into small cubes and put it in water.
- Add the pori/ puffed rice in a large bowl and add water, wash and drain and keep it aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Reduce the flame and add asafoetida, potato cubes, turmeric powder and chopped green chillies and saute well adding little salt for few minutes.
- Add chilli powder and mix well. Then add drained puffed rice and mix well.
- Add lemon juice and sugar and mix well. Adjust the salt.
- Add peanuts, grated coconut and chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Adjust lemon juice and salt and switch off the flame.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve garnished with coriander leaves…
Recipe Source: Magic Oven