1 kg beef, cleaned
2 medium onions, sliced
1/2 cup shallots, sliced
1 tbsp ginger, chopped
1 tbsp garlic, chopped
3-4 green chillies, slit
1 small tomato, chopped
2 sprig curry leaves
1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
2 piece cinnamon
2 tsp chilli powder
3 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp pepper powder
1/2 tsp fennel powder
salt to taste
3 tbsp oil
- Cut the beef into cubes, clean and drain it in a colander and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan and dry roast chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder and fennel powder on low flame till the raw smell goes. Keep it aside
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add cinnamon, cloves and cardamoms and wait till it splutters.
- Add chopped ginger and garlic and saute till the colour changes.
- Add sliced onions, shallots and green chillies and saute well adding little salt till it become golden colour.
- Now add the dry roasted masala powder, mix well and saute till the oil starts coming out.
- Then add the cleaned beef along with tomatoes, curry leaves and coriander leaves. Adjust the salt.
- Saute the beef for about 10 minutes until it is well combined with masala. Add 1/2 cup of water and close the cooker and cook until the meat are soft and cooked.
- Switch off the flame and allow to settle for 15-20 minutes.. Serve hot with pathiri, ghee rice…