3 cups plain flour
1 tbsp butter
1 cup warm milk
1/2 tsp yeast
2 tsp sugar
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp yoghurt ( as required for kneading)
salt to taste
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- To warm milk add sugar and yeast and mix and keep it aside.
- In a large bowl, add plain flour and butter and mix well with your hand without any lumps.
- Add the yeast mixture, egg yolk, yoghurt and salt to the plain flour and knead well to make a soft dough. Keep the dough in warm place covered to raise for an hour.
- Heat little oil in a pan and fry the chopped onions. Add this to the raised dough and knead it again for 3-5 minutes.
- Divide the dough into small balls and flatten them to make thick rounds, just like puri.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry it in the oil on medium flame till both sides are golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with Chana Masala or any other curries of your choice…