4 quails/ Kaada, cleaned
3 big onions, sliced
1 big tomato, chopped
1 1/4 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
3 green chillies, slit
4 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
2-3 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
4 tbsp oil
- Clean the quails and marinate with 2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste and salt for about an hour.
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan and fry the quails till it cooks properly. Keep it aside.
- In the same oil, add sliced onions and little salt and saute well till transparent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and slit green chillies and saute well.Add chopped tomato and curry leaves and saute well till soft.
- Add 2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and garam masala and mix well.
- Add the fried quails and stir gently and cook it covered for about 3-5 minutes till the masala is well coated with quails.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves…Serve hot..