1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
100-125 gm unsalted butter, at room temperature
5 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp sugar
1 egg, at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp M & M baking bits
- In a bowl, sift together all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and keep it aside.
- In another large mixing bowl, add the butter and beat till creamy.
- Add sugar and brown sugar to this and beat till well combined.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and mix well until combined.
- Then add the flour mixture little by little to the creamed butter-egg mixture and fold till combined.
- Add 1/2 cup M &M baking bits to this and mix. Freeze this dough for an hour covered with a cling wrap.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius. Line a baking sheet with baking paper/ parchment paper.
- Divide the dough to equal parts and roll each of them to balls and then gently flatten each ball by pressing it between palm.
- Place them in the prepared baking sheet, two inches apart and press some reserved M&M on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10-15 minutes or till the sides of the cookies are firm.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely……….