For Muslim Food Bloggers group challenge, this month’s theme is ” Cooking from a Country – Iran”. I chose a simple dip named as Mast o Khiar – the Persian yoghurt and cucumber dip. “Mast” means yoghurt and “Khiar” means cucumber. Mast-o-Khiar is a refreshing yogurt dip made with cucumbers, mint and seasoning.
2 cups yoghurt
2 persian cucumbers, chopped into small pieces
1 tbsp dried mint / 2 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper powder
fresh mint, dried rose petals- for garnishing
- In a large bowl, add the chopped cucumber, mint, pepper powder and salt and mix well.
- Add in the yoghurt and give it a nice stir.
- Garnish with fresh / dried mint and rose petals. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving..
- Serve with pita bread, crackers, rice or as a side dish with grilled chicken, lamb etc…
- Can also add raisins, walnuts etc…