1/2 cup semiya / vermicelli
1/2 cup chawwari / sago
1 cup mango pulp
2 cup coconut milk
2 cup milk
1 tin condensed milk
3/4 cup sugar ( add to your taste)
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
10-12 cashew nuts
2 tbsp ghee
- Soak the sago in water for 1 hour.
- Heat ghee in a pan and roast the cashew nuts and raisins and keep it aside.
- Add the vermicelli/ semiya to the same pan and roast until it turns golden brown and keep it aside.
- In a thick bottomed pan, add soaked and drained sago and cook on medium-low flame adding enough water till sago turns transparent and bubble-like.
- Add coconut milk to this and allow to boil well.
- Then add the roasted semiya, mix well and cook until it becomes soft.
- Add mango pulp to this and stir well. When it starts to thicken, add condensed milk and milk and mix well.
- Then add the sugar, stir well and cook till it dissolves and boils well.
- When the payasam has reached the right consistency, add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Garnish with roasted cashew nuts and raisins and switch off the flame. Serve it warm…