1 1/2 cup puttu podi
1/2 cup grated coconut
2 cans of tuna
1 big onion, finely chopped
2-3 green chillies, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 small tomato, chopped
1/2 -3/4 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp pepper powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
salt to taste
1 1/2 tbsp oil
- Open the cans of tuna, drain away the water and keep it aside.
- Mix the puttupodi with little salt and add water little by little to the puttu podi till it becomes wet/ moist and mix thoroughly without any lumps. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onion and garlic and saute well till onion turns transparent.
- Add chopped green chillies and tomato and saute well till tomato becomes soft and mushy.
- Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder and salt and mix well for a minute.
- Then add the drained tuna, mix well and cook for 6-8 minutes. Add chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Switch off the flame.
- To prepare the puttu, take a chiratta puttu maker and layer it with 1 tbsp grated coconut first, then the tuna masala and then add puttu podi.
- Then top it with another layer of tuna masala and some grated coconut.
- Fill pressure cooker/ puttu kudam with 2-3 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Place the puttu maker on top of it and steam cook for 5-7 minutes or until the steam starts coming out from the top of puttu maker.
- Remove it to a plate and serve hot…