2 half-ripened mangoes
1/4 cup powdered jaggery
4 whole dry red chillies
4 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
- Wash and cut the mangoes into long, thick pieces.
- Grind garlic with red chillies and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add chilli-garlic paste to this and stir well for few seconds.
- Add the mango pieces and saute for a minute. Then add 2 cups of water.
- When the mango is cooked, add grated jaggery and salt to taste.
- Cook till the pieces are soft and the gravy thickens. Serve hot with steamed rice..
Recipe Source: Ummi Abdullah
Enganathe entho kore munbu thinnathaayittu ormayundu… thank you for refreshing my memories… I agree Ummi Abdullah's book always does that… good to see you back… 🙂