4 cups ash gourd/ kumbalanga, peeled and chopped
1 1/2 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
2 green chillies
2 cups yoghurt
1 tsp pepper powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp roasted fenugreek powder
1 tsp ghee
salt to taste
2 sprig curry leaves
1 tsp mustard seeds
3 dry red chillies
1 tbsp oil
- Peel and chop kumbalanga into small cubes.
- Grind coconut with cumin seeds, green chillies and yoghurt and keep it aside
- In a pan, add cubed kumbalanga, pepper powder, turmeric powder, few curry leaves and salt and 1/2 cup of water, mix well and cook it covered till done.
- Reduce the flame to low and add the ground paste and mix well.
- Add roasted fenugreek powder and ghee and mix well. Adjust the salt and heat at low flame for 3-4 minutes. Don’t allow to boil.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add dry red chillies and curry leaves and pour this seasoning over the curry and mix well.
- Keep it covered till ready to serve and then serve with rice…