1 cup cherupayar / green gram
2 cups pumpkin/ mathanga, cut into cubes
1 cup grated coconut
1- 1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
3 green chillies, slit
1 tsp mustard seeds
3 dry red chillies
2 sprig curry leaves
salt as required
1 tbsp oil
- Soak the green gram in water for 5 hours.
- Grind 3/4 cup grated coconut with cumin seeds to a smooth paste adding little water and keep it aside.
- In a pressure cooker, add the washed green gram and salt and cook it adding about 2 cups of water for about 2 whistles. Switch off the flame and keep it aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the cubed pumpkin pieces with chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt adding little water until soft.
- Add the ground coconut paste and slit green chillies into this and mix well.
- When it starts to boil, add the cooked green gram and mix well and cook for few minutes. Adjust the salt.
- Heat oil in another pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add dry red chillies and curry leaves and fry well.
- Add 1/4 cup grated coconut to this, mix well and fry till brown. Pour this tempering to the erissery and mix well. Serve with rice…