2 cups vazhapindi / banana stem, finely chopped
1/2 cup grated coconut
2-3 green chillies
1 1/2 cup yoghurt
1/2 tsp crushed mustard
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 sprig curry leaves
2 dry red chillies
salt to taste
2 tsp oil
- Cut the banana stem into rounds and pull the fibre from the edges using fingers and remove them. Then chop into small pieces and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add the chopped banana stem and cook it covered adding 1 cup of water and salt till soft.
- Grind together grated coconut and green chillies to a smooth thick paste and then add 1/2 tsp crushed mustard seeds to this and mix well.
- Add this ground paste to the cooked banana stem, mix well and cook for 1- 2 minutes.
- Then add the beaten yoghurt and mix well. Check for salt and switch off the flame. Don’t allow to boil.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter 1/2 tsp mustard seeds. Add dry red chillies and curry leaves and pour this over the pachadi…Serve with rice…