200 gm okra/ vendakka, chopped
1 big onion, chopped
1 small piece ginger, crushed
2 green chillies, slit
1 medium tomato, chopped
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 1/2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1 1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
2-3 dry red chillies
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
2 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
3 tbsp oil
a pinch of red chilli powder
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add okra pieces and saute well for 2-3 minutes. Transfer it to a plate and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add onion, green chillies, ginger and curry leaves and saute well until it becomes soft.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander powder and mix well on low flame until its raw smell goes.
- Add chopped tomatoes with some salt and saute well till tomatoes get mashed.
- Now add the roasted okra pieces and mix well.
- Add the coconut milk into it and mix well. Boil it for about 10 minutes till the okra get cooked.
- Switch off the flame when the gravy starts to thicken. It gets thicker after resting..
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds, dried red chillies,fenugreek seeds and curry leaves. Add a pinch of red chilli powder and switch off the flame.
- Add the seasoning over the curry and keep it covered for a few minutes. Mix well and serve it with hot rice…