250 gm ripe jackfruit pieces
1 1/2 cup plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
a pinch of salt
1/2 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
200 gm unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4-1 cup sugar, powdered
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius. Grease a 12- hole cupcake /muffin tin with baking spray or line the muffin tin with paper liners.
- Remove the seeds from the jackfruit pieces, chop them and then puree it in a blender and keep it aside.
- Sift together plain flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl and keep it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add jackfruit pulp and combine well.
- Add sifted flour little by little and mix gently with a spatula / wooden ladle into smooth batter.
- Divide the batter evenly into the prepared muffin tin and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely and then serve..