1 1/2 cup kadala/ black chickpeas
2 onions, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
small piece ginger
4 garlic cloves
1 1/2 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tbsp lemon juice
salt to taste
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
2 tbsp oil
- Soak kadala/ chickpeas in water for 5-6 hours or overnight and then pressure cook it with a tsp of salt and enough water until soft.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and saute the chopped onion till transparent.
- Add chopped ginger and garlic and saute for a minute.
- Add chopped tomato and saute well till soft.
- Switch off the flame and allow it to cool and then grind it to a paste.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in the same pan and add garam masala, turmeric powder, coriander powder and chilli powder and mix well.
- Add the ground paste to this and mix well. Add salt and tomato sauce and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Then add the cooked chickpeas along with the water and cook it at low flame for about 8-10 minutes.
- When the gravy thickens, switch off the flame.
- Add lemon juice to this and mix well. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot…