6-8 bread slices, or as required
185 gm of canned tuna
1/2 cup carrot, finely chopped
1/2 cup cabbage, finely chopped
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup lettuce or salad leaves, chopped
1/2-3/4 tsp pepper powder
4-5 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tsp olive oil
salt to taste
- Drain the water from the canned tuna and keep it aside. Finely chop all the vegetables and keep it aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add tuna, little pepper powder and salt and saute for 2 minutes.
- Transfer it into a bowl and add chopped carrot, cabbage, onion, leaves, 1/4 tsp pepper powder and mix well.
- Now add mayonnaise to this and mix well. Tuna salad is ready….
- To prepare as sandwich, spread little mayonnaise on one side of the bread slice and place a layer of prepared tuna salad on top of that, then cover it with another slice of bread.
- Repeat the same with remaining breads and cut them into triangles and serve..
- If you prefer you can toast the bread slices…