1 1/2 cup cottage cheese / paneer cubes
1 1/2 cup fresh methi / fenugreek leaves
2 onions, chopped
2 tsp crushed ginger-garlic
2 tomato, chopped
3 tbsp cashew nuts
1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
3/4 cup water
2 tbsp fresh cream
salt to taste
3 tbsp oil
- Soak the cashew nuts in hot water for half an hour.
- Soak the paneer cubes in hot water for 15 minutes.
- Wash the methi leaves, chop it and keep it aside to drain the excess water.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp oil in a pan and splutter cumin seeds.
- Add chopped onion and little salt and cook till soft.
- Add the crushed ginger-garlic and saute till the raw smell disappear.
- Add the chopped tomato to this and cook till soft.
- Remove it from flame and let it cool. Then grind it to a fine paste along with soaked cashew nuts.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp oil in a pan and add chopped methi leaves and cook for about 5-6 minutes over low flame.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder and saute till the raw smell disappear and oil appears on top.
- Add the ground mixture to this and mix well. Add 3/4 cup of water and bring to boil.
- Reduce the flame and cook till little thick. Add the drained paneer cubes to this and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add fresh cream and mix well. Remove from flame and serve hot….