1 small onion, chopped
1 1/2 tsp garlic, crushed
3 green chillies, slit
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp pepper, crushed
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
- Peel and cut beetroot into lengthwise pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add curry leaves, onion, crushed garlic and green chillies and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chilli powder and saute for a minute. Add beetroot and mix it well.
- Cover and cook in medium flame for 3-4 minutes. Add 1/4 cup water if needed.
- Remove the lid and simmer it for 6-7 minutes till cooked and water completely dries up.
- Add crushed pepper and mix it well. Switch off the flame and serve with rice….