1 1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
3/4 cup + 2 tbsp fresh grated coconut
2 tbsp chopped almonds
- Preheat the oven to 190 degree celcius. Grease a cake tin with butter and dust with flour.
- Combine together plain flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl and keep it aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla essence.
- Add mashed bananas to this and mix well. Add coconut and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to this slowly and mix well.
- Pour this batter to the prepared cake tin and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp coconut and chopped almonds on top and bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes – 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove it from the oven and let it cool for 10-15 minutes and then place onto a wire rack and let them cool completely..Cut into pieces and serve…
Recipe Source: Sanaa’s Recipe Notebook