2 cups cornflakes
1/4 cup peanuts/ ground nuts
1/4 cup roasted gram/ pottukadala
2 tbsp cashew nuts, sliced
10 curry leaves
1/2-1 tsp chilli powder
a pinch of turmeric powder
1/2 tsp sugar
salt to taste
2-3 tbsp oil ( as required for frying)
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the cashew nuts, peanuts and roasted gram separately and keep it aside.
- Then fry the curry leaves until crisp and keep it aside.
- In the same hot oil, add cornflakes and fry for 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
- Reduce the flame to low and add in the fried peanuts, roasted gram, cashew nuts, chilli powder, turmeric powder , fried curry leaves, sugar and salt and mix well for 2-3 minutes on low flame until the spices is well blended with the mixture.
- Remove from the flame and allow the mixture to cool to room temperature and store it in an air tight container….Serve as a tea time snack…