1/2 kg chicken, cut into pieces
2 onions, thinly sliced
2-3 green chillies, slit
2 tsp ginger-garlic, crushed
1 tomato, chopped
3 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp garam masala
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
salt to taste
3 tbsp oil
- In a pan, add the cleaned chicken pieces and cook it with 2 tsp chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and salt adding about 2 cups of water till done and the water almost evaporates. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add thinly sliced onion and green chillies and saute till soft.
- Add crushed ginger-garlic and saute till the raw smell disappears.
- Add chopped tomato to this and cook till soft.
- Then add 1 tsp chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, garam masala and salt and saute till oil appears on top.
- Add the cooked chicken pieces along with its gravy and mix well.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and cook it for another 5 minutes on low flame till the masala is well coated with chicken pieces.
- Remove from the flame and serve hot with pathiri, neer dosa etc..