2 ripe big tomatoes, chopped
1 big onion, chopped
2 medium green chillies, chopped
3 big garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 tsp asafoetida
1 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
1 sprig curry leaves
2-3 dry red chillies
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add chopped tomato, onion, green chillies and garlic and saute well till cooked and mashed well adding salt.
- Add asafoetida to this and mix well.
- Reduce the flame and add chilli powder and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and allow to cool and then grind to a paste adding about 1/4 cup of water.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add fenugreek seeds, dry red chillies and curry leaves and fry.
- Reduce the flame and add the ground paste and about 1/4 cup of water and mix well.
- Adjust the salt and switch off the flame…Serve with hot idlis/ dosa…