1 cup basmati rice
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 tsp ginger, chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
1/2 cup grated beetroot
1 piece cinnamon
2 tbsp ghee
salt to taste
few fried cashew nuts and raisins
1 tsp coriander leaves, chopped
- In a large pan, boil 4-5 cups of water and cook the rice with salt for about 15 minutes or till done. Drain the water and keep it aside to cool.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add cloves, cardamoms and cinnamon .
- Add chopped onion, ginger and green chillies and saute well till soft.
- Add grated beetroot to this and mix well. Add salt and stir well till all the water dries up.
- Then add the cooked rice to this, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- Garnish with fried cashew nuts, raisins and chopped coriander leaves and serve hot…