2 medium brinjals
2 green chillies, chopped
1- 1 1/2 tbsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
lemon sized tamarind
1 1/2 cup water
salt to taste
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
1 sprig curry leaves
- Wash the brinjals and cut into long slices.
- Soak tamarind in 1 1/2 cup of water and extract its juice and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add the brinjal, turmeric powder, chilli powder, green chillies, shallots, tamarind water and salt and mix well and cook it covered for 5 minutes.
- When the gravy starts to thicken, add 1 tsp coconut oil and mix well. Adjust the salt and switch off the flame.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a small pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add fenugreek seeds and curry leaves.
- Switch off the flame and add 2 pinches of chilli powder and mix well.
- Add this seasoning to the curry and mix well…Serve hot…