1 1/2 cup broken rice / podi ari
1 tbsp fenugreek seeds / uluva
1 1/2 cup grated coconut
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 green chilli
salt to taste
- Soak fenugreek seeds in 1/4 cup of water for 1 hour.
- Grind grated coconut with cumin seeds, shallots, turmeric powder and green chilli to a fine paste and keep it aside.
- Cook the broken rice with soaked fenugreek seeds and salt adding enough water until the rice is cooked well.
- Then add the ground coconut mixture to the cooked kanji and bring it to boil on medium low heat, stirring in between.
- Check for salt and if the kanji is too thick, add little more hot water and mix well. Remove from flame and serve hot….