1 cup cooked rice/ choru
1 cup rice flour
1/2 tbsp black sesame seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1 tbsp oil
salt to taste
oil for frying
- In a blender, add cooked rice and rice flour and grind in batches without adding water.
- Transfer it to a large bowl and knead well to a smooth dough. (If the dough is sticky, adjust adding rice flour)
- Add cumin seeds, black sesame seeds, asafoetida, salt and 1 tbsp oil to this and knead it again to a soft dough. . Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Take a murukku press / mould , use the star shaped disc and fill it with the dough.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and when the oil gets heated up, press the murukku directly into the hot oil. Do not overcrowd.
- Fry them on medium flame till they are cooked and turn crispy on both sides. Drain on paper towel and repeat the same for the remaining dough.
- Cool down to room temperature and then store in an air tight container….Enjoy as a tea time snack…