1/2 kg beef
3 medium onions, chopped
3 medium tomatoes, chopped
3 green chillies, chopped
1 tbsp ginger, chopped
1 tbsp garlic, chopped
1 1/2 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garam masala
2 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
2 tbsp coconut oil
- Cut beef into pieces and clean it and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add the cleaned beef, kashmiri chilli powder, garam masala and salt and mix well with hand.
- Transfer this to a pressure cooker and add chopped onion, tomatoes, green chillies, ginger and garlic to this and mix well with hand.
- Add 1/4-1/2 cup of water and cook it covered at medium flame for 7-8 whistles or until the beef is cooked well.
- Heat coconut oil in another pan and add the curry leaves.
- Then add the cooked beef with its gravy and cook it at medium flame until the gravy thickens and all the water dries up.
- Switch off the flame and serve hot with pathiri, ghee rice , neer dosa etc…