1 1/2 kg chicken
4 medium tomatoes
1 tbsp garlic paste
1 tbsp ginger paste
2 tbsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 1/4 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp chaat masala
4 tbsp less sour thick yoghurt
50 gm cashew nuts
1 1/2 tbsp oil
2-3 tbsp butter
3/4 tsp kasuri methi, powdered
1-1 1/2 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup fresh cream
2-3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
salt to taste
- Clean and cut the chicken into small pieces and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add ginger paste, garlic paste, 1 tbsp chilli powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala, chaat masala, yoghurt , 1 1/2 tbsp oil and salt and mix well.
- Add cleaned chicken pieces into this and marinate well and keep it aside for minimum 2 hours.
- Soak cashew nuts in 1/2 cup of water and then grind it to a paste and keep it aside.
- Blanch the tomatoes (add tomatoes in a pan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes and then transfer them to a bowl of cold water), then peel off the skin and grind to a paste / puree and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in a large flat nonstick tawa / pan. Place the marinated chicken pieces in the pan and shallow fry / grill them till golden on both sides. (Fry them in 2 batches). Keep it aside.
- Heat 1-2 tbsp butter in a thick bottomed pan and add garlic paste and ginger paste and saute well till raw smell disappears.
- Add turmeric powder and 1 tbsp chilli powder to this and mix well.
- Add tomato puree and mix well for 2 minutes. Add 1/2 tsp garam masala and 1/2 tsp kasuri methi and mix well.
- Add sugar and salt to this and mix well. Then add 1 1/2-2 cups of water and allow to boil.
- Then add fried chicken pieces, mix well and cook it covered for about 7 minutes.
- Now add cashew paste to this, mix well and allow to boil.
- When it thickens, add 1/4 tsp kasuri methi and 1/4 tsp garam masala and mix well.
- Add fresh cream to this and mix well. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and switch off the flame..Serve hot…
Recipe Source: Magic Oven