1 cup basmati rice
1 small onion ( 1/4 cup) , chopped
1/2 tsp ginger, finely chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
1 cup grated coconut
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
a pinch of asafoetida
1 sprig curry leaves
1 1/2-2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp chana dal
3/4 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp urad dal
10 cashew nuts
2 dry red chillies
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
- Wash the rice and cook in a deep pan adding about 4-5 cups of water and salt till done. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat and splutter mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Add dry red chillies, chana dal , urad dal, curry leaves and cashew nuts and saute till golden.
- Add asafoetida and turmeric powder to this and stir for few seconds.
- Add chopped onion, ginger and green chillies and saute till onion turns transparent.
- Then add grated coconut and salt and mix well. Now add the cooked rice to this and mix well.
- Finally add lemon juice, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame. Remove from the flame and serve hot…