2 green tomatoes
2 green chillies, chopped
1/2 cup grated coconut
3/4 -1 cup yoghurt
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 sprig curry leaves
2 dry red chillies
salt to taste
2 tsp oil
- Chop green tomatoes into small pieces and cook it in a pan adding green chillies, salt and 1/4 cup of water for about 4-5 minutes until green tomatoes turn soft.
- Grind grated coconut with cumin seeds and 1/2 tsp mustard seeds to a smooth paste.
- Add this ground paste to the cooked tomato, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the beaten yoghurt and mix well. Check for salt and switch off the flame. Don’t allow to boil.
- Heat little oil in a pan and splutter 1/2 tsp mustard seeds. Add dry red chillies and curry leaves and pour this over the curry…
- Keep it covered for 10 minutes.. Then mix well and serve with rice…