3 – 3 1/2 cups pori / puffed rice
1/2 cup grated jaggery
1/4 cup of water
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
ghee for greasing hand
- In a pan, add the grated jaggery and water and heat till the jaggery dissolves. Switch off the flame and strain it to remove the impurities.
- Add cardamom powder to the jaggery syrup and heat it again until it reaches one string consistency.
- To check for the consistency, drop little jaggery syrup into a bowl of water. It should not dissolve and if it can be easily rolled into soft ball of jaggery, right consistency is reached.
- Switch off the flame and add the puffed rice and mix it well till it is well coated with the jaggery syrup.
- When the mixture is still warm, grease your hand with ghee and roll them into tight round balls without breaking the puffed rice.
- Store them in an airtight container and serve as a snack…
- Instead of adding puffed rice to the jaggery syrup, you can pour the jaggery syrup to the bowl of puffed rice and mix well..
- If the syrup is too sticky, add more puffed rice to it and mix it well.