200 gm red spinach / red amaranth / chuvanna cheera, finely chopped
1 1/4 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
3 green chillies
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 cup yoghurt, beaten
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
2 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
- Wash the red spinach leaves and chop them into fine pieces and keep it aside.
- Grind grated coconut with cumin seeds and green chillies to a fine paste adding little water and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add the chopped red spinach along with chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and 1/2 cup of water and cook for about 4-5 minutes at medium flame, until wilted.
- Add the ground coconut paste to the cooked spinach, mix well and cook at low flame for 3-4 minutes, stirring gently in between.
- Add the beaten yoghurt and mix well and heat for 1-2 minutes. Adjust the salt. Don’t allow to boil. Switch off the flame.
- Heat oil in a small pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add curry leaves and dry red chillies. Switch off the flame.
- Pour this seasoning over the pulissery…Mix well and serve with rice…
Recipe Source: yummyoyummy.com