2 ripe big tomatoes, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, sliced
small piece ginger, chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
a pinch of turmeric powder
1 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
1 tbsp roasted gram / pottukadala
1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
- Heat oil in a pan and add garlic, ginger and green chillies and saute till the colour starts to change.
- Add chopped onion and saute well till transparent.
- Add chopped tomatoes and little salt and saute well.
- Reduce the flame and add turmeric powder and kashmiri chilli powder and mix well till the raw smell goes.
- Now increase the flame and add roasted gram and coriander leaves and saute well.
- Switch off the flame and allow it to cool and then grind to a paste adding about 1/4 cup of water.
- Adjust the salt and transfer to a serving bowl.. Serve with hot idlis/ dosa..
Recipe Source: Magic Oven