250 gm beef, cut into small pieces
1 large onion, finely chopped
3 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 green chilli, chopped
1 sprig curry leaves, chopped
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp pepper powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
salt to taste
1 1/2 tbsp oil
puff pastry sheets, cut into 8 squares
1 beaten egg, for brushing
- Clean and cut the beef into small pieces and cook it in a pressure cooker adding 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp pepper powder, salt and enough water. Then shred the cooked beef pieces and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped onion and saute till translucent and lightly brown in colour.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, green chilli, curry leaves and little salt and saute for few more minutes.
- Add chilli powder, 1/2 tsp pepper powder, garam masala and 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and mix well.
- Then add the shredded beef into this and cook for another 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves, mix well and switch off the flame.
- Thaw the puff pastry as per package instruction.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree celcius and grease a baking tray with oil.
- Roll out the thawed puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface and cut into squares.
- Take the puff pastry square and place little filling on the center of the pastry sheet.
- Fold / pull the corners towards the center and press it carefully to seal.
- Place all the folded puffs on a greased baking tray and brush the tops with the egg wash.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the puffs turns golden brown. Serve with tea..