100-150 gm boneless chicken
1 1/2 tsp cornflour
1 1/2 tsp plain flour
1 1/2 tsp gram flour / kadalapodi
1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tbsp thick yoghurt
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 medium tomato, finely chopped
3 green chillies, chopped
1 sprig curry leaves
2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- Cut boneless chicken into pieces and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add cornflour, plain flour, gram flour, 1 tsp chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp oil, ginger-garlic paste, yoghurt and salt and mix well to make a paste.
- Add chicken pieces to this and marinate well and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Crush / shred the idiyappams into pieces using hand and keep it aside.
- Heat 2-3 tsp oil in a pan and shallow fry the marinated chicken on both sides for about 6-7 minutes. Chop them into small pieces and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add sliced onion and saute well till brown.
- Add chopped tomato and cook well till soft.
- Add chopped green chillies and curry leaves and saute well.
- Add garam masala, coriander powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp chilli powder and little salt and mix well.
- When oil starts to separate, add fried chicken pieces and mix well for 2 minutes.
- Add idiyappam and combine well until the masala coats the idiyappam evenly.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and switch off the flame..Serve hot / warm..