1 1/2 cup cucumber / kakkirikka / salad vellarikka, chopped
1 slit green chilli
2 tbsp heaped cornflour
1 egg, beaten
1/2-3/4 tsp pepper powder
salt to taste
1-2 tbsp spring onion, chopped
- Peel and chop the cucumber into small pieces and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add an egg and beat well with a spoon and keep it aside.
- In a sauce pan, add 4 1/2 cups of water, chopped cucumber and slit green chilli and cook adding salt. When the cucumber is cooked well, remove the green chilli..
- In a bowl, mix cornflour with 1/4 cup of water without any lumps and add this little by little to the boiling soup stirring continuously.
- When the soup reaches the required consistency, reduce the flame and slowly add the beaten egg and keep stirring continuously until it forms like fine threads.
- Then add pepper powder and adjust salt and mix well. When it boils well, remove it from flame.
- Pour into serving bowls and garnish with spring onions …Serve hot…
Recipe Source: Magic Oven