300 gm okra / lady’s finger
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
3/4 cup yogurt, beaten
2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cumin powder
3/4 tsp kasuri methi, crushed
1 tbsp gram flour / besan
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 dry red chillies
1/4 tsp asafoetida / hing
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
1 1/2 +1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- Wash the okra and pat dry. Cut each into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the okra till they change colour and are cooked. Transfer it to a bowl.
- In the same pan, add 1 tbsp oil and add cumin seeds, dry red chillies, asafoetida, curry leaves and finely chopped onion and saute it well till nice golden colour.
- Add ginger-garlic paste to this and saute till raw smell is gone.
- Add turmeric powder, kashmiri chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt, crushed kasuri methi and gram flour and mix it well.
- Add the whisked / beaten yogurt and mix well for 5-6 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water , mix well and cook for about 5 minutes at medium-high flame.
- Add in the fried okra and garam masala and mix well. Cook it at low flame for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and switch off the flame…Serve warm…