500 gm paneer
2 big tomatoes
2 big onions, finely chopped
1 tbsp garlic paste
1 tbsp ginger paste
2 big green chillies, finely chopped
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 heaped tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 1/2 tbsp tomato sauce
50 gm cashew nuts
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1 1/2 tbsp kasuri methi, crushed
1 1/2 tsp sugar
3-4 tbsp fresh cream
50 gm butter
1 tbsp oil
salt to taste
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- Chop tomatoes and grind to a paste / puree and keep it aside.
- Soak cashew nuts in 1/2 cup of water and then grind it to a paste and keep it aside.
- Heat 25 gm butter and oil in a thick bottomed pan and add garlic paste, ginger paste and green chillies and saute well.
- Add finely chopped onion and saute well till golden brown.
- Reduce the flame and add turmeric powder and kashmiri chilli powder and mix well. Add garam masala and mix well.
- Add tomato puree to this and saute well at medium flame till the water dries and the oil separates.
- Add tomato sauce to this and mix well. Then add 2 1/2 cups of water and salt and allow it to boil well.
- Now add cashew paste and mix well. Add cumin powder and kasuri methi crushed ( using hand) and mix well.
- Add paneer cubes to this and mix well. Add sugar, mix well and boil it for 5-6 minutes.
- Add fresh cream to this and mix well. Add 20-25 gm of butter and chopped coriander leaves and mix well..Switch off the flame and serve hot…
Recipe Source: Lekshmi Nair Vlogs