2 cups basmati rice
1 big potato
1 cup fresh green peas
1 onion, chopped
1 green chilli, chopped
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1/2-3/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2-1 tsp cumin seeds
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
salt to taste
2 tbsp ghee
1 tbsp oil
- Wash and drain the rice and keep it aside.
- Peel and cube the potato into small pieces.
- Heat ghee and oil in a thick bottomed pan and splutter cumin seeds.
- Add chopped onion and green chilli and saute well.
- Add ginger paste and garlic paste and saute well till the raw smell disappears.
- Add potato pieces and turmeric powder and mix well for 5 minutes.
- Add chilli powder and salt and mix well.
- Add drained rice to this and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add garam masala and mix well. Then add 4 cups of boiling water and mix well.
- Adjust the salt and when it starts to boil, cook covered at low flame.
- When it is 3/4 th done ( about 8-10 minutes) , add fresh green peas and mix gently and cook it covered till done for another 5 minutes.
- Then open the lid and keep for 3-5 minutes at low flame.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well. Remove from the flame and serve hot…
Recipe Source: Magic Oven