1 cup roasted rava (semolina)
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 tsp ginger, finely chopped
2 green chillies, finely chopped
1/2-3/4 cup red spinach / chuvanna cheera, finely chopped
3-4 curry leaves
2 1/2 cup water
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp urad dal
salt to taste
1 tbsp ghee
- Heat ghee in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and fry urad dal till brown.
- Add onion, ginger, green chillies and curry leaves and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped red spinach and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add water and salt to this and when the water starts boiling , add the roasted rava slowly, stirring continuously.
- Mix well and cook covered on low flame, stirring in between, till soft and all the water evaporates.
- Remove it from flame and serve hot…