2 cup zucchini, peeled and cut into small cubes
300-400 gm prawns, cleaned
2 tsp chilli powder
1/2-3/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 cup grated coconut
2 green chillies
small piece ginger, crushed or finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
- Peel and chop zucchini into small cubes.
- Grind together grated coconut, cumin seeds, 4 shallots, green chillies and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder to a smooth paste adding little water and keep it aside.
- In a pan/ manchatty, add the cleaned prawns, chopped zucchini, chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, crushed ginger, garlic and salt and mix well.
- Add 1-1 1/2 cup of water to this and bring to boil and then cook it covered for about 10 minutes or till its done.
- Then add the ground coconut paste , mix well and bring to a boil. Then reduce the flame to medium and boil for another 3-4 minutes. Adjust the salt and switch off the flame.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a small pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add 2-3 sliced shallots, dry red chillies and curry leaves and fry for a minute.
- Pour this over the curry and keep it covered till ready to serve….Mix well and serve hot with rice…