8-10 ambazhanga / hog plum
1 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
3 green chillies
1 1/2 cup yoghurt, beaten
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
3 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
- Grind grated coconut with cumin seeds, shallots, 2 green chillies and 1/4 tsp turmeric powder to a smooth paste adding little water.
- Add yoghurt with this ground coconut paste and mix well and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add the hog plums, 1 slit green chilli, chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and salt and cook over low flame adding about 1 1/2-2 cups of water. Don’t overcook the hog plums.
- When cooked, reduce the flame and add ground coconut- yoghurt mixture and heat on low flame for few minutes. Don’t allow to boil.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- Add dry red chillies and curry leaves and fry.
- Pour this seasoning over the curry and close the lid… Serve with rice…