3/4 cup green peas
1 onion, sliced
1/2 ” ginger, finely chopped
5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 big tomato, chopped
3 green chillies, slit
1 sprig curry leaves
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1-1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
- Wash and soak the green peas in water for 6-7 hours or overnight.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and splutter mustard seeds. Add chopped ginger and garlic and saute well.
- Add sliced onion and saute well till transparent.
- Add green chillies, curry leaves and salt and mix well.
- Add chopped tomato into this and saute well till soft.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala and mix well.
- Then add drained green peas into this and mix well.
- Add 1 1/2-2 cups of water and mix well. Adjust the salt and pressure cook till its done for about 3-4 whistles.
- Once the pressure releases, open the cooker and mix well. Serve hot…