300 gm prawns / chemmeen, cleaned
1 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 sprigs curry leaves
2 green chillies, slit
salt to taste
1 1/2 tbsp grated coconut
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Clean the prawns and marinate it with kashmiri chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste, garam masala, lemon juice and salt and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Transfer this to a pan and cook covered adding little water at low flame till prawns are cooked and all water dries up.
- Heat oil in another pan and fry curry leaves and green chillies. Add cooked prawns into this and fry the prawns.
- When the prawns are almost fried, add grated coconut and fry in low flame till coconut and prawns are crispy.
- Remove it from the flame and serve hot..
Recipe Source: Malabar Adukkala ( Facebook )