2- 2 1/2 cups milk
1/2 + 1/4 cup condensed milk
1/4 cup + 3 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
300 ml fresh cream
1/4 cup almond flakes
1/4 cup pistachios, sliced
1/4 cup raisins
3 tbsp shredded coconut
- Cut / break the croissants into small pieces and spread it evenly in a glass dish greased with butter.
- Sprinkle almond flakes, pistachios, raisins and shredded coconut all over ( reserve some nuts to garnish).
- In a sauce pan, combine together milk, 1/2 cup condensed milk, 1/4 cup sugar and vanilla essence and bring to boil.
- Reduce the flame and cook it for another 3-4 minutes stirring continuously.
- Then remove this from flame and pour over the layer of croissants. Let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, add fresh cream, 1/4 cup condensed milk and 3 tbsp sugar and combine well.
- Now spread this evenly over the soaked croissants.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius and bake it for about 15-20 minutes, until it is slightly toasted or changes the colour.
- Remove from the oven and top it with remaining nuts.
- You can also use bread or puff pastry instead of croissant for this dessert…
Recipe Source: Sanaa’s recipe note book..