2 cups basmati rice
3/4 cup carrot, sliced
6 beans , sliced
3/4 cup cauliflower florets, sliced
3-4 green chillies, chopped
1 big onion, sliced
1/2 cup green peas
3-4 tbsp mint leaves
1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp ginger paste
3/4 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 bay leaf
2-3 piece cinnamon
3 cups coconut milk (medium consistency)
salt to taste
5 tbsp ghee
- Wash the basmati rice, drain it well and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker and add cinnamon, bay leaf, cloves and cardamons and saute.
- Add sliced onions and saute well till light brown.
- Add ginger paste and garlic paste and saute well till the raw smell disappears.
- Add turmeric powder to this and mix well. Then add drained basmati rice and mix well.
- Add chopped green chillies, carrot, beans , cauliflower and green peas and mix well.
- Add kashmiri chilli powder and salt and mix well. Add mint leaves and coriander leaves and mix well.
- Add coconut milk to this and stir well and cook for 2 whistles at high flame.
- Switch off the flame and keep it aside for 10 minutes. Open the cooker and serve with raita , pickle etc..