1/2 cup plain flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup oil
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/3 cup yogurt, room temperature
2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 190 degree celcius. Line a muffin pan with 9 paper liners.
- Sift the plain flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt together in a bowl and keep it aside.
- In another large bowl , melt 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips ( using microwave or by double boiling method).
- Once the chocolate has cooled, add oil, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla essence and yogurt and whisk until everything is well combined.
- Then fold in 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips and sifted dry ingredients until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Spoon the batter into the 9 prepared muffin liners. Top each muffin with a few extra chocolate chips.
- Bake them for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely and then serve..