15-18 quail eggs / kaada mutta
1 1/2-2 tbsp plain flour
1 1/2 tbsp + 1-2 tsp cornflour
1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
a pinch of turmeric powder
2 tsp garlic, chopped
1 tsp ginger, chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 capsicum, cubed
2 tbsp tomato sauce
1-1 1/2 tbsp red chilli sauce
3-4 tsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp pepper powder
a pinch of sugar
salt to taste
spring onions, chopped
oil , as required
- Wash and hard boil the quail eggs in water with 1/4 tsp salt for 10-12 minutes. Then remove the shell and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add plain flour, 1 1/2 tbsp cornflour, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt and mix well and make a batter without any lumps adding about 1/4 cup of water.
- Marinate the eggs in this batter and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan at medium flame and gently place the marinated eggs and shallow fry them till brown and keep it aside.
- In another thick bottomed pan, heat 1 1/2 tbsp oil ( I used same oil used for frying eggs) and add chopped garlic , ginger and green chillies and saute.
- Add chopped onion and saute well until onions are soft and slightly changes its colour.
- Add cubed capsicum and saute for a minute.
- Add tomato sauce, soy sauce, chilli sauce, pepper powder and sugar to this and mix well.
- Then add 1-2 tsp cornflour mixed with 1/2 cup of water and mix well.
- When it starts to boil, add the fried eggs and stir well for 1-2 minutes for the sauce to coat well. Adjust the salt.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions and remove from flame…Serve hot…
- Adjust the sauce and spice level according to your taste….